Help (or, How to Play Go)
Quick start rules:
- The game starts with an empty board. One player uses black pieces and the other player uses white pieces.
- The players alternate making moves, starting with black.
- A move consists of placing one stone of your color on an empty intersection.
- A player may pass instead of making a move.
- Adjacent stones of the same color are called a group.
- A group becomes captured and removed from the board when it is completed surrounded by enemy pieces.
- No move may return the board to a previously played position.
- The game ends when both players pass consecutively.
- The game is scored by adding up each player's territory (points they occupy plus points they surround).
- The player with more territory wins.
Full rules on Wikipedia